About 247 Commerce
At 247 Commerce we build e-commerce websites with Adobe Commerce, BigCommerce, and Shopline, integrating them with ERP, Finance and CRM systems. Now entering our 11th year in business, we have built our reputation on the quality and consistency of our work. Our portfolio includes well-known names such as the Cakebox, Soak and Sleep, TFL and many more. Over the years we have also helped Brands and SMEs optimise their multi-channel marketplace sales on Amazon, eBay and 12 other marketplaces via our proprietary 247 CloudHub application, part of SaaS Vortex, our sister SaaS focussed business. Having already built up a diverse and globally recognised client-list, in 2024 we plan to increase our reach even further as we expand into new markets and sectors.
To help with our ever-growing eCommerce projects, deployed across AWS datacentres and services, we are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join our exciting and dynamic team.
247 Commerce is seeking a visionary and experienced Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to lead our team of technical experts in delivering exceptional e-commerce solutions for our clients. As our CTO, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the company’s technological future and driving innovation. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a robust technical infrastructure, evaluating and implementing new technologies, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
We invite senior developers and experienced solution architects with a passion for technology and a desire to make a significant impact to apply for this exciting career opportunity. If you are looking to transition into a senior management role and leverage your technical expertise to lead a team of talented individuals, we encourage you to explore this transformative opportunity.
Your success in this role will hinge on your deep understanding of Adobe Experience Manager, Commerce Tools, and other relevant e-commerce platforms. You should possess a proven track record of success in managing and developing high-performing technical teams, as well as excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. Your ability to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences will be essential in bridging the gap between our team and our clients.
Strong technical expertise in Adobe Experience Manager, Commerce Tools, and other relevant platforms
Experience in managing and developing teams
Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
Strong client relationship skills
Upskilling to new platforms:
- We need the person in this role to review potential eCommerce platforms and the
Time to learn or hire
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with security and compliance
- Take a step back to see the wood for the trees and organise the teams
- Ensure ownership within the teams and help improve their technical expertise
- Identify gaps and improve technical processes
- Review tools and propose changes
- Suggest new technologies and platforms with whom to work
- Establish a clear processes, including enhancing sales team discoveries
- Be a client-facing representative of technical expertise and a subject matter expert
- Strategic thinker
- Visionary leader
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Self-motivated and driven
- Hybrid working
- 22 days holiday per year (+ bank holidays).
- The opportunity to develop a career driven by YOU.
- Great company culture and relaxed office environment which is easily accessible near the beautiful Kew Gardens.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.