About 247 Commerce
At 247 Commerce we build ecommerce websites with Magento and integrate them with ERP, Finance and CRM systems. Now entering our 8th year in business, we have built our reputation on the quality and consistency of our work. Our portfolio includes well-known names such as the British Museum, V&A, Oxford University, Chartered Insurance Institute and many more.Over the years we have also helped Brands and SMEs optimise their multi-channel marketplace sales on Amazon, eBay and 12 other marketplaces via our proprietary 247 CloudHub application. Having already built up a diverse and globally recognised client-list, in 2019 we plan to increase our reach even further as we expand into new markets and sectors.
To help with our ever growing Magento and multichannel ecommerce projects, we are looking for a Magento 2 Developer to join our exciting and dynamic team.
This is a great opportunity to join a busy team creating Magento ecommerce websites. Responding to 50-100 inbound software support requests a week, you will be dealing with clients including famous museums, high street brands and more.Your main role will be to understand client’s requirements, develop web pages in Magento that are responsive, then test and integrate them to the satisfaction of all stakeholders. This role would suit an IT graduate with a qualification in computer sciences, programming or similar, with Magento 2 skills.
About You …
- Must-Haves: HTML5, CSS3, ASP.net, JSP, REST, SOAP, PHP
- Experience in gathering and analysing business requirements to meet strategic goals and development efforts
- Should have integration experience with Salesforce and APIs in general
- Experience creating and maintaining Open Source content management systems, preferably WordPress or similar
- Ability to update, repair, modify and expand existing programs and CMS to include Web 2.0 technologies
- (blogs, user profiles, tags, etc..) and functionality
- Experience working with the e-commerce solution Magento 2 and integration using APIs is required.
- Must be familiar with relational databases, integration, database caching, database optimisation and MySQL queries as well as object-oriented databases
- Understanding of object-oriented programming languages; C#
- Experience with AJAX, Photoshop and Adobe FLEX is beneficial
- Understanding session management, SEO Methodologies, login profiles, single sign-on
- Experience using various web API’s and building/parsing XML a plus
- Experience with caching and scaling techniques Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to work and thrive in a fast-paced team environment and flexible to accommodate demanding project schedules
- Have empathetic listening skills, enjoy problem-solving and a naturally positive, can-do attitude
- Have a personable manner with a clear, friendly and confident tone of voice
- Be confident and logical with your approach to IT requirements and a fast learner
- Be organised, with excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Magento Certification (preferred – but not a hard requirement)
You're Ideal If You've Done Any of the Following …
- You’ve previously worked on an eCommerce related project
- You’ve got previous experience working in the marketplaces like Amazon or eBay, using Shopify, Magento or BigCommerce
As a Magento developer, You'll Be …
Enthusiastic, upbeat individual who is quick to learn, has a genuine interest in online business and the skills and experience to help our clients grow their businesses. You’ll also need to be able to keep up with our dynamic Technical Director, helping prioritise the department’s key issues while resolving client’s queries quickly and efficiently.
Your Role Will Include …
- Responsible for programming support for new e-commerce site designs and ongoing design changes using a Magento 2 platform with PHP.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team to design recommended solutions based on input from our business teams and outside agencies.
- This will require a working knowledge of Magento 2 along with standard web tools and technologies, learning the enterprise-wide technical environment, and consulting with the brand sales team to prioritise efforts.
- After having achieved a standards-based outsourced environment, this role will include managing the conversion of creative designs into technical specifications and then design structure, programming, testing, deployment and maintenance of each corporate web site.
- This role will be an advocate for standards-compliant best practices at all levels of web architecture and development.
- This role will work closely with the brand sales team and IT leaders, on design and development concerns to ensure an effective and efficient workflow for the overall development cycle within given budgetary constraints.
- Maintain, debug, optimise and enhance existing code in place at existing sites
- Participate in and contribute to the planning process for new projects and give input on specific technologies utilised to complete projects
- Work with database administrator to design, develop, and update relational databases as they pertain to Web sites and applications
- Track and evaluate new standards, technologies and trends in Web architecture, development, design, and delivery
- Ensure compatibility of projects with the current system and variety of web browsers, etc.
- Ability to perform unit testing as per the requirements
- Being aware of the project management methodologies like Scrum, Agile, TDD and CI
- Exposure to high volume e-commerce and dealing with spikes in traffic
- Ensuring all support documentation is up-to-date and socialising solutions through our knowledge base
- Working with remote technical teams in Silicon Valley and Bangalore
What you’ll need to succeed …
Our ideal candidate would be a technically-savvy problem-solver who enjoys using their knowledge and skills to address client’s enquiries. Commitment and enthusiasm for our services are essential – we expect all employees to contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be part of our success.
As Our Ideal Candidate, you will …
- Possess a pro-active and positive approach to problem-solving
- Have a passion for technology, particularly e-commerce
- Possess strong communications skills (both written and oral) and be comfortable using modern technology
- Have the confidence to deal with senior level clients and members of their team
- Be able to think creatively and contribute ideas to resolving client’s queries
- Be comfortable using their initiative while knowing when to escalate critical issues to their manager
- Be well organised to ensure that no client queries are lost or ignored
- Be capable of working effectively with our team of customer support agents
- Be reliable and punctual
Salary offered: Competitive package and benefits. standard.
- 22 days holiday per year (+ bank holidays).
- The opportunity to develop a career driven by YOU.
- Great company culture and relaxed office environment which is easily accessible near the beautiful Kew Gardens.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.