About 247 Commerce
At 247 Commerce we build eCommerce websites with Magento and integrate them with ERP, Finance and CRM systems. Now entering our 8th year in business, we have built our reputation on the quality and consistency of our work. Our portfolio includes well-known names such as the British Museum, V&A, Oxford University, Chartered Insurance Institute and many more. Over the years we have also helped Brands and SMEs optimise their multi-channel marketplace sales on Amazon, eBay and 12 other marketplaces via our proprietary 247 CloudHub application. Having already built up a diverse and globally recognised client-list, in 2019 we plan to increase our reach even further as we expand into new markets and sectors.
To help with our ever growing Magento and multichannel eCommerce projects, we are looking for a Senior Dotnet Engineer to join our exciting and dynamic team.
This is a great opportunity to join a busy team creating Magento ecommerce websites. Responding to 50-100 inbound software support requests a week, you will be dealing with clients including famous museums, high street brands and more. Your main role will be to understand client’s requirements, convert the design to web pages that are responsive, then test and integrate them to the satisfaction of all stakeholders. The role would suit an IT graduate with a qualification in computer sciences, programming or similar with a strong understanding of Cloud concepts, e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, with 5+ years’ experience.
About You …
- Have empathetic listening skills, enjoy problem-solving and a naturally positive, can-do attitude
- Experience in leading change, taking the initiative, and driving results
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts, tools and techniques
- Knowledge of Cloud platform services (AWS) would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to lead and plan projects
- Infrastructure and software deployment experience
- Development experience – C/ C++/ VC++, usage of JS libraries (Angular JS)
- Very strong with PowerShell Scripting on .Net Development Expert with Windows
- Expertise with SQL
- Experience in SVN, GIT based source control, etc. will be plus.
You’re Ideal If You’ve Done Any of the Following …
- You’ve previously worked on an eCommerce related project
- You’ve got previous experience working in the marketplaces like Amazon or eBay, using Shopify, Magento or BigCommerce
As a DevOps Engineer, You’ll Be …
Enthusiastic, upbeat individual who is quick to learn, has a genuine interest in online business and the skills and experience to help our clients grow their businesses. You’ll also need to be able to keep up with our dynamic Technical Director, helping prioritise the department’s key issues while resolving client’s queries quickly and efficiently.
Your Role Will Include …
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of scalable Cloud services.
- Serve as a technical resource on development and infrastructure teams to assist in application and infrastructure automation and application migration to the Cloud.
- Works closely with DevOps, DBAs, System and Network Engineers to refine security practices in Cloud technologies.
- Strong focus on promoting automation and DevOps best practices along with infrastructure, application and security monitoring.
- Design, develop and deliver highly available and scalable Cloud services infrastructure, APIs and delivery pipelines.
- Drive the adoption and implementation of DevOps and automation for infrastructure services and application deployments for solutions in the Cloud
- Work with architecture, infrastructure and development teams to implement Security, Capacity, and Compliance strategies and best practices for existing and new applications.
- Implement proactive and reactive infrastructure, application and security monitoring.
- Provide 24x7x365 assistance as necessary in support of Cloud operations as part of the Cloud Engineering team on-call support.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to team members to standardise, share and review Cloud architecture and DevOps best practices.
What you’ll need to succeed …
Our ideal candidate would be a technically-savvy problem-solver who enjoys using their knowledge and skills to address client’s enquiries. Commitment and enthusiasm for our services are essential - we expect all employees to contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be part of our success.
As Our Ideal Candidate you will …
- Possess a pro-active and positive approach to problem-solving
- Have a passion for technology, particularly e-commerce
- Possess strong communications skills (both written and oral) and be comfortable using modern technology
- Have the confidence to deal with senior level clients and members of their team
- Be able to think creatively and contribute ideas to resolving client’s queries
- Be comfortable using their initiative while knowing when to escalate critical issues to their manager
- Be well organised to ensure that no client queries are lost or ignored
- Be capable of working effectively with our team of customer support agents
- Be reliable and punctual
Salary offered: Competitive package and benefits