SEO is an essential part of any digital marketing strategy. Publishers and webmasters alike must adapt their websites to make them as easy to crawl as possible, in turn, increasing the likelihood of their site ranking on the first page. Although often overlooked, carrying out a full site audit should be the first step in making any modifications to your website. When viewed individually, these changes might seem like incremental improvements, but when combined, they can make a significant impact on your site’s performance in organic search results. Due to multiple factors which influence the way search engines view and evaluate their performance, this process typically requires thorough and time-intensive planning.
To help streamline the process, this SEO Quick Win provides you with a simple step-by-step guide. Via 10 easy to follow steps, you will discover how to audit your website’s SEO performance and improve the search engine friendliness of your website.
In this Quick Win you will learn:
- The steps required to carry out a thorough SEO audit of your website
- How to use available tools, (e.g. Google Console) to audit performance
- Why it is important to optimise your website’s mobile and meta data
To get the most out of this guide, we recommend using the following tools:
- Google Analytics
- Search Diagnostic Tool Google Search Console
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Who is this guide for?
This guide is for anyone who manages the SEO strategy and needs a more strategic approach to their SEO by aligning their strategy with their digital marketing goals. Typical readers include:
- Marketing managers and digital marketing managers
- In- house SEO managers and execs who are new to this role
- Technical webmasters who are unfamiliar with using Google Search Console
For ease of access, we have created a worksheet to help you turn this Quick Win into instant results. It contains tasks to help you to think critically about your brand, service and target audience, and, should also serve as a starting point for implementing SEO targets in your everyday marketing strategy.