Devops System Engineer
About 247 Commerce
At 247 Commerce we build ecommerce websites with Magento and integrate them with ERP, Finance and CRM systems. Now entering our 8th year in business, we have built our reputation on the quality and consistency of our work. Our portfolio includes well-known names such as the British Museum, V&A, Oxford University, Chartered Insurance Institute and many more. Over the years we have also helped Brands and SMEs optimise their multi-channel marketplace sales on Amazon, eBay and 12 other marketplaces via our proprietary 247 CloudHub application. Having already built up a diverse and globally recognised client-list, in 2019 we plan to increase our reach even further as we expand into new markets and sectors.
To help with our ever growing Magento and ecommerce projects, deployed across AWS datacentres and services, we are looking for a DevOps System Engineer to join our exciting and dynamic team.
As DevOps System Engineer you will be focused on CI/CD deployments on AWS. Although it is not essential for you to have a working background with Magento, demonstrable experience of use / deployment of AWS services such as EC2, S3, ELB, WAF, Arora, CloudSearch, Cloud Front and Dockers is desirable. For this role, you will join a team dedicated to designing, building, implementing, optimising and supporting retailers and brands of all sizes as you manage end-to-end DevOps solutions.
- Knowledge of managing high traffic websites and applications.
- AWS experience: Security Groups, EC2, S3, ELB, WAF, Arora, CloudSearch, Cloud Front AIM, Linux and Lambda.
- Ideally you will have an AWS certification.
- Experience of deploying web applications to dev/test/prod environments.
- A genuine interest in ecommerce and the issues that affect online retailers.
- 5+ years in DevOps with at least 3 years in AWS.
- Configuring controls; installing, troubleshooting and deploying to AWS.
- Working closely with relevant technology groups to refine system monitoring and reporting.
- Collaborating with the test team to ensure test validation and release management principles are upheld.
Please note, however, even if you do not have the above experience, we are willing to consider applicants who can demonstrate they are genuinely passionate about ecommerce and have knowledge within AWS to an equivalent professional standard.