Magento 2 - Open Source Edition Features List
The Flexible Platform for Growth
Magento 2.0 Open Source (formerly known as Magento Community Edition) unlocks a world of possibilities for merchants looking to grow their online businesses. A powerful, agile platform, it empowers merchants to create innovative shopping experiences that stand out from the competition, attract new customers, and inspire loyalty.
The power of Magento lies its incredible flexibility. It really is capable of doing just about anything you can think of – and experts like 247 Commerce can leverage the platform to produce a solution that is genuinely unique to the needs of your business.
See what Magento 2.0 Open Source can do for your business by exploring:
Describes powerful features that will help you rapidly grow your business.
Core Magento Features
Describes in detail Magento’s comprehensive feature set that boosts sales, business agility, performance, and more.
Open Source is the ideal choice for merchants who need a flexible, all-in-one cloud solution that is easy to deploy, provides enhanced security and is packed with integrated capabilities to accelerate sales.
Manage the creation of rich content across many types of products; simple, configurable, bundled and customer personalised.
Global ecommerce resource for applications and services that expand Magento solutions with powerful new features and functionality. Easily add capabilities to your site from the Magento Extensions Marketplace.
Provides returning customers with a faster checkout experience using information that is saved in their account. When enabled, the Instant Purchase button appears below the Add to Cart button on the product page.
Mobile Optimised Shopping
Provides an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices, from desktop to mobile phone.
Integrated Shipping Options
Configure shipping options and intelligent fulfilment automation rules from the admin panel to provide superior customer service while streamlining your operations.
Responsive Design Themes
Create a website optimized for any device by leveraging built-in responsive design themes. The responsive themes adapt and adjust how menus, images, checkout and other features are displayed to fit desktop, laptop, tablet, and mobile device screens. Themes are easily customized and offer SEO advantages.
Powerful Admin Experience
Work efficiently with a modern and intuitive user interface. A dashboard lets you monitor your business with quick access to sales, order, search term and best-selling product data. Enhanced navigation and search make it easy to find information, and management screens can be customized and saved to speed up day-to-day tasks.
CORE MAGENTO 2.0 OPEN SOURCE FEATURES
Marketing & Conversion Tools
- Set related products, up-sells, and cross-sells
- Set promotional pricing for specific stores, categories, customer groups, or products
- Create flexible coupons for specific stores,customer groups, time periods, products, and categories
- Export coupon codes for offline distribution, email, newsletters, and more
- Track and report coupon usage
- Set multi-tier pricing for quantity discounts
- Get minimum advertised price (MAP) support
- Offer free shipping options
- Bundle products
- Create customizable category landing pages
- Show recently viewed and compared products
- Showcase new items with dynamic new product lists
- Save unpurchased items for the shopper’s next visit with persistent shopping cart
- Create newsletters and manage their distribution
- Add Facebook, Twitter, and email links for sharing products
Search Engine Optimization
- Automatically generate a Google sitemap
- Create search engine friendly URLs
- Take full control of URLs with URL rewrites
- Create metadata for products, categories, and content pages
- Control multiple websites and stores from one administration panel
- Define roles and permissions to control access to administrative features
- Use the content management system to create and easily edit pages and content blocks
- Choose from a wide variety of templates that are 100% customizable
- Get support for multiple languages and currencies
- Set tax rate based on location, product type, or customer group (i.e., wholesale vs. retailer)
- Use a Web Services API for easy integration between Magento and third-party applications
- Batch import and export catalogue and customer information
- Add CAPTCHA functionality to help prevent
- automated software from attempting fake logins
- Display simple, configurable (e.g., choose size, colour, etc.), bundled, and grouped products
- Display virtual products
- Include downloadable/digital products with samples
- Define unlimited product attributes
- Create pre-defined attribute sets for quick product creation
- Easily manage inventory with support for backordered items
- Receive notification when inventory needs to be replenished
- Choose out-of-stock messaging and display options
- Define minimum and maximum product quantities that can be added to the cart
- Mass-assign a value to multiple products for batch updates to products
- Automatically resize images and include watermarking
- Use advanced pricing rules and get support for special prices, customer group prices, and tiered pricing
- Rewrite and redirect search results if customers are searching and receiving no results
- Moderate reviews and product tags
- Allow customer personalized products – upload images and text for monogramming, etc.
- Filter products in categories and search results by price range, brands, colour swatches, and other attributes with layered/faceted navigation
- View product category items in grid or list format
- View product comparisons with history
- Display a recently viewed products module
- Add breadcrumbs
- Define search synonyms to expand search results
- Add a popular search terms cloud
- View multiple images per product
- Zoom-in on product images
- Include swatches to show colours, fabrics, and more
- Set related products, up-sell, and cross-sell
- Display stock availability
- Show pricing tiers
- Show product option selection
- Include grouped products view
- Include option to add product to wish list
- Add Facebook, Twitter, and email links for sharing products
Checkout, Payment and Shipping
- Use one-page checkout
- Use guest and registered user checkout
- Ship to multiple addresses in one order
- Add option for account creation at beginning of checkout
- Get SSL security support for orders on both frontend and back-end
- Save shopping cart
- Accept gift messages per order and per item
- Show tax and shipping estimates in the shopping cart
- Save credit card method for offline payments
- Authorize and charge upon shipment or checkout
- Integrate with multiple PayPal gateways
- Integrate with Authorize.net
- Accept checks and money orders
- Accept purchase orders
- Get additional payment extensions through Magento Connect
- Select PayPal Credit as a payment option
- Integrate shipping with label printing for all major carriers
- Receive real-time shipping rates from UPS, UPS XML (account rates), FedEx (account rates), USPS, and DHL
- Specify allowed destination countries based on shipping method
- Set flat rate shipping per order or item
- Set table rates for weight, price, destination, and number of items
- Provide free shipping
- Provide on-site order tracking from customer accounts
- View, edit, create, and fulfil orders and/or invoices from the admin panel
- Create multiple invoices, shipments and credit memos per order to allow for split fulfilment
- Print invoices, packing slips, and shipping labels
- Receive email notifications and RSS feeds with order status
- Enable customer service representatives to create orders and customer accounts, and update products and coupons in customers’ shopping carts and wish lists
- Create custom order status labels to track progress
- View comprehensive account dashboard
- Choose default billing and shipping addresses
- Include address book with unlimited addresses
- See order status and history
- Allow re-ordering from account
- View recently ordered items
- Include sharable wish list
- Manage newsletter subscriptions
- View product reviews submitted
- View product tags submitted
- Access downloadable/digital products
- Use Contact Us form
- Create and edit orders from the admin panel
- Provide feature-rich customer accounts
- See order history with status updates
- View order tracking from account
- Create customizable transactional emails for order status, account updates, password resets, and more
- Receive support for localization, multiple currencies, and local tax rates
- Receive support for accented characters and rightto-left text
- Get product with six translations (French, Dutch, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese)
- All possible languages supported
- Configure list of allowed countries for site registration, shipping, and billing
- Support fixed product taxes, such as WEEE/DEEE in the EU
- Automatically calculate tax for transactions in the EU with VAT-ID validation2
- Use EU cookie notification to simplify EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive compliance
Analytics & Reporting
- Receive support for Google Universal Analytics
- Access the following reports through the admin dashboard:
- Sales report
- Tax report
- Abandoned shopping cart report
- Best viewed products report
- Best purchased products report
- Low stock report
- Search terms report
- Product reviews report
- Tags report
- Coupon usage report
- Total sales invoiced report
- Total sales refunded report
- Responsive Design
- Quickly create a site optimized for any device using an included base responsive design reference theme. The responsive design:
- Can be easily customized for a faster time to market
- Includes all major flows, product types, and features
- Reduces long-term maintenance costs and eases site updates
- Offers SEO benefits by using Google’s preferred approach to optimize mobile sites
- Enables customers to read notifications and promotional mailing on mobile devices through responsive emails and newsletters
Why choose 247 commerce?
Bespoke Ecommerce Solutions
If you’re looking for a highly customised, scalable and feature-rich ecommerce solution with powerful multi-channel capabilities and hasslefree integration tools, you’ve found the right team. All the work we do for clients is bespoke.
We offer a full ecommerce agency service from consultancy to design, development and implementation, all the way through to hosting and post-deployment maintenance and support services.
We’re experts in ecommerce, creating seamless shopping experiences whenever and wherever sales are made. We also have a wealth of expertise in a wide variety of sectors including automotive, education, heritage, media and entertainment and travel.
Deep Integration Experience
We’ve connected thousands of software tools to client sites, so we can make your project one of the easiest and smoothest implementations you’ve ever be on. We enjoy nothing more than sharing our experience with like-minded professionals, so give us a call to discuss your project.
Proven Track Record
Ecommerce is complex, and we have a proven track record of delivering results in a wide range of environments. But don’t take our word for it, we have case studies from previous projects and client testimonials we can share so you know you’re project is in safe hands.
Flexible and Collaborative
Our team adopt a distinctively collaborative approach to projects, using Agile methodologies to deliver solutions which evolve through the combined effort of cross-functional client and agency teams.
Value for Money
Our clients appreciate our work for the value we create for their organisation, as well as the price they pay to create and deliver outstanding online shopping experiences.
The Company We Keep
We work with well-known brands, like Marks & Spencer, The V&A Museum, the National Theatre and The Royal Navy, as well as hundreds of sellers operating across multiple geographies and marketplaces.