About 247 Commerce
At 247 Commerce we build eCommerce websites with Magento and integrate them with ERP, Finance and CRM systems. Now entering our 8th year in business, we have built our reputation on the quality and consistency of our work. Our portfolio includes well-known names such as the British Museum, V&A, Oxford University, Chartered Insurance Institute and many more. Over the years we have also helped Brands and SMEs optimise their multi-channel marketplace sales on Amazon, eBay and 12 other marketplaces via our proprietary 247 CloudHub application. Having already built up a diverse and globally recognised client-list, in 2019 we plan to increase our reach even further as we expand into new markets and sectors.
To help with our ever growing Magento and multichannel eCommerce projects, we are looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our exciting and dynamic team.
This is a great opportunity to join a busy team creating Magento ecommerce websites. Responding to 50-100 inbound software support requests a week, you will be dealing with clients including famous museums, high street brands and more. Your main role will be to understand client’s requirements, convert to design, write PHP programs that are responsive, then test and integrate them to the satisfaction of all stakeholders. The role will suit an IT Graduate with a qualification in computer sciences, programming or similar with coding skills in PHP.
About You …
- Have empathetic listening skills, enjoy problem-solving and a naturally positive, can-do attitude
- Have a personable manner with a clear, friendly and confident tone of voice
- Be confident and logical with your approach to IT requirements and a fast learner
- Be organised, with excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Knowledge of Business Analysis modelling tools (e.g. Activity Diagrams, Process Flows, State Diagrams)
- Be proficient with technical skills like PHP, HTML, CSS including responsive techniques
- Strong experience in object orientated PHP Framework like Laravel, CakePHP, Code Ignitor, Zend or YII
- Magento knowledge/experience would be an added advantage
You're Ideal If You’ve Done Any of the Following …
- You've previously worked on an eCommerce related project
- You’ve got previous experience working in the marketplaces like Amazon or eBay, using Shopify, Magento or BigCommerce
As a PHP developer, You’ll Be …
An enthusiastic, upbeat individual who is quick to learn, has a genuine interest in online business and the skills and experience to help our clients grow their businesses. You’ll also need to be able to keep up with our dynamic Technical Director, helping prioritise the department’s key issues while resolving client’s queries quickly and efficiently.
Your Role Will Include …
- Work with customers to clarify needs and requirements and to build a solution design
- Participate in the design and development of web-based solutions
- Provide solution design, software development, platform administration, and database administration solutions to clients
- Documenting user stories, system test scripts, and user acceptance test scripts
- Assist clients to develop or express an organisational strategy for accomplishing strategic technology goals
- Assist clients to identify appropriate technologies for accomplishing their strategic technology goals
- Confident approach to best practice for Magneto and PHP development Research and documentation skills
- Database design and maintenance skills in MySQL
- Ability to perform unit testing as per the requirements
- Being aware of the project management methodologies like Scrum, Agile, TDD, and CI
- Exposure to high volume e-commerce and dealing with spikes in traffic
- Ensuring all support documentation is up-to-date and socialising solutions through our knowledge base
- Working with remote technical teams in Silicon Valley and Bangalore
What you'll need to succeed …
Our ideal candidate would be a technically-savvy problem-solver who enjoys using their knowledge and skills to address client’s enquiries. Commitment and enthusiasm for our services are essential – we expect all employees to contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be part of our success.
As Our Ideal Candidate, you will …
- Possess a pro-active and positive approach to problem-solving
- Have a passion for technology, particularly e-commerce
- Possess strong communications skills (both written and oral) and be comfortable using modern technology
- Have the confidence to deal with senior level clients and members of their team
- Be able to think creatively and contribute ideas to resolving client’s queries
- Be comfortable using their own initiative whilst knowing when to escalate critical issues to their manager
- Be well organised to ensure that no client queries are lost or ignored
- Be capable of working effectively with our team of customer support agents
- Be reliable and punctual
Salary offered: Competitive package and benefits.