With every passing year, consumers are well determined to plan their shopping ahead of the holidays. Direct-to-consumer (DTC) – top DTC brands including leading brands, are all now prepared and up with their marketing tactics to conquer holiday campaigns fully.
It means looking ahead, examining the customer base data, and observing consumer trends while building eCommerce holiday marketing campaigns within the time to spare, unlike in previous years.
5 best eCommerce strategies for the holiday shopping season:
- Create a mobile-friendly website to expand your online presence and optimise your sales process, so that customers can browse your inventory from anywhere, everywhere.
- Offer easy payment to make the transaction process faster, easier, and more secure. For this, accept all major credit cards, and integrate with PayPal, GPay, etc.
- Feature your commerce sales information on your home page, social media handles, email, SMS, and paid ads, to push your sales to the forefront. Frequent Holiday sales promotions will attract new customers and help you move inventory.
- Strive to build the best user experience by creating consumer-centric design and content and the best marketing efforts to connect better with your audience and drive sales, this holiday. Use good calls to action messages like “Buy Now”, “Click Here to Learn More” or “Shop Now” that are clear and concise to guide potential buyers ahead and keep the sales process moving.
- Using tools like Shoppable Ads and S-commerce features, allow shoppers to accomplish more in a single or minimal click to purchase for a convenient and seamless shopping experience.
5 Trends for effective Holiday marketing campaigns:
- Make your social media campaigns interactive
Social media is also a fantastic way to encourage user-generated content for authentic engagement. Through influencer campaigns and user-generated content on social media, offer holiday gift inspirations and recommendations.
- Play your influencer game well.
Try new things, track performance carefully, and gain new insights into your audience segments.
- Leverage video and live video in your campaigns.
We all will agree, today social media users find video more compelling than images or written content. So, it’s best to add videos and live-streaming features, this holiday season to boost your video activity through all leading social channels, like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
- Make every touch point shoppable
Using AI technology, make every possible consumer touch point; a point of purchase to increase your holiday sales. Swipe up or click on a social post, email, event link, blog link, video, or display ad, all these must take the shopper to any place of purchase, including the brand’s own product page, ‘Where to Buy’ landing page, price comparing page, or add to the cart with one click.
- Discounts & promotions specifically for the holiday season
Buy 2 get 1 free. Free shipping over shopping worth X amount. And many more.Set up your holiday promotions, tempting to offer a significant discount on first orders, first subscriptions, bulk orders, etc. If you avoid promotions or discounts, you may run the risk of losing eager shoppers around Black Friday and Cyber Monday (BFCM).
Enjoy a happy holiday season
Start early and ramp up your revenue this holiday season with the above marketing tactics.
Though holidays generally mean more work for eCommerce brands and marketers, it’s the best time to bond with your customers and enjoy higher revenues. Prepare yourself well in advance of the busiest time of the year and the tips above will help you get ahead this year and every year thereafter.
Optimise your customer experience, highlight the value of your products or services, showcase the benefits of your subscription services, reward with discounts and sales, create a mobile-friendly website, and offer multiple purchasing options. This is all you need to do to enjoy the recurring holiday revenue all year round.
Straight, B. (2021, November 19). 5 tips DTC Brands can implement to improve holiday sales. FreightWaves. Retrieved November 14, 2022, from https://www.freightwaves.com/news/5-tips-dtc-brands-can-implement-to-improve-holiday-sales
Meiklejohn, S. (2022, July 25). 5 eCommerce holiday planning tips for 2022. Recharge Payments. Retrieved November 14, 2022, from https://rechargepayments.com/blog/stay-on-the-nice-list-with-these-5-ecommerce-holiday-planning-tips/
Find the best holiday ecommerce strategy. GRIN. (2022, October 27). Retrieved November 14, 2022, from https://grin.co/blog/best-ecommerce-digital-strategies-holidays/