How to Create a Successful Blogging Strategy for your Business
Blogging should be an essential part of any online strategy. Having a blog and regularly posting means more pages for search engines to index, increasing your chances of being found through search engines and linked on social media.
But content itself is all important: you should not post content simply for its keyword value. You should aim to create articles that educates your audience, solves a problem or enhances the reader’s life. By producing quality content in this way, as opposed to creating ‘salesy’ articles which simply promote your business, you should establish greater trust with your audience. When created according to this guidelines, blogging can prove an extremely effective marketing tactic to yield a vast range of benefits.
The following Quick Win is for business owners and marketers alike looking to improve their online presence and overall content marketing strategy.
We'll be covering every aspect of creating and implementing a blog, including:
- The benefits of using blogging to promote a business
- How to set goals for your blogging strategy and establish KPIs
- How to perform keyword research for blogging
- How to build and put together an editorial calendar with Google Sheets or Excel + useful calendar tools
- How to establish the best times to post and what topics you should cover on your blog
- How to come up with great headlines for your blog
- How to create a promotional strategy for your blog to improve traffic
- How to measure your results and continue optimising your blogging strategy
We have created a worksheet that will help you turn this Quick Win into action. It contains tasks to encourage you to think critically about your brand, service and target audience - serving as a helpful starting point in your everyday marketing efforts.